The Iconic Oakley Crosshair
This flashback flows with fluid contours that put a fresh spin on a classic teardrop shape. Sculptural detailing lays down distinction in a durable frame of lightweight C-5™ alloy, and Crosshair® carries Unobtainium® components to keep a grip on comfort. This is how yesteryear hits the forefront of style, and the vintage flavor is seasoned with premium optical technologies. Metal frames with teardrop lenses are time-honored designs. When Oakley created Crosshair, they respected the classics but added more than a few modern innovations in performance, comfort and protection. Oakley started off with C-5, an alloy of five metal compounds that team up to optimize durability while minimizing weight. The result is contemporary detailing that sets this frame apart while paying homage to iconic style. A raked-back contour of 8.75 base lens curvature opens your peripheral view. With the patented innovations of High Definition Optics® (HDO®), that view is razor sharp – all the way across the lens contour. You can get optional Iridium® lens coatings that balance light transmission, or even the premium HDPolarized lenses are available for Crosshair. All lenses are made of pure Plutonite® to filter out every harmful ray the skies throw down, including UVA, UVB and UVC.
- Polarized lens options. Minimized glare via technology that produces the best polarized lenses on the planet
- Optimized peripheral vision and side protection against sun, wind and impact via 8.75 base lens curvature
- UV protection of Plutonite® lens material that filters out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and balanced light transmission of optional Iridium® lens coatings
- Meets optical and impact requirements based on ANSI Z80.3 standards
- Durability and all-day comfort of ultra-lightweight C-5 alloy
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Patented Unobtainium® earsocks and new air filled silicon nosepads
- Metal Icon accents
High Definition Optics
Premium Frame Materials
Crosshair HDO is a combination of technologies and patented innovations that give you clearer, sharper, and more accurate vision. HDO virtually eliminates distortion common in high-wrapped sunglasses.
Crosshair Plutonite filters out 100% of UVA, UVB, UVC, and harmful blue light up to 400nm.
Crosshair lenses are tested under extreme circumstances to guarantee superior portection against objects at varying speeds that no other lens offers.
Oakley has sought out the best materials to design and engineer all frames to provide the ultimate in performance, comfort, and design.